The 1915 Harley-Davidson Model 11F is one of the first Wisconsin company to benefit from advances in design and technology by the engineers at Harley-Davidson.
1915 Harley-Davidson motorcycles 11F side view
11-horsepower output of the 1915 Harley-Davidson
11F is guaranteed in writing by the company.
Technology is advancing rapidly in the Harley-Davidson in the period 1909-1915. The company's first V-twin came in 1909, although it was taken off the market in 1910 to fix some bugs and reintroduced the following year.
This is followed by a drive chain and one from the clutches of the first industry in 1912, and two-speed rear hub in 1914, which also saw the emergence of the floorboards and Starter Step.
For 1915, the three precise speed transmissions are offered, along with electric lighting system incorporates magneto and rear lights that can be removed for use as a mild evening service.
Models featured in this article, however, is equipped with lights Prest-O-Lite, which is supported by acetylene gas.
61-cubic-inch Harley-Davidson F-head V-twin, although not completely overhead-valve design (OHV's intake only), more advanced than the flathead engine that powered some competitors.
Subsequently, in 1915 to get an auto-ship model tank and a larger intake valves, which both help to increase output to 11 horsepower. Assessment, by the way, is guaranteed by Harley-Davidson, motorcycle manufacturers only authority cited to support claims in writing.
Elsewhere, 11F it may not be so advanced. Rear brake-band is now expanding features double action to improve the efficiency of braking, but far from state-of-the-art, and leading link front suspension arrangement remains with coil springs that allow only a little more wheel travel than no rear suspension.